Possible to dodge a bullet?

No, I am saying that it can, and has been, done via anticipation (for close shots) as one video demonstrates. A sniper is a different story. Turd just wants to claim that he has been a professional at dodging bullets for years and he knows that it is impossible because the only thing that works is his guerrilla training.

Well, you have to include knowing when to move. That is the trick. With a sniper, you can’t.

Oh, well then the implicit premise there was that it only counts if someone dodges a bullet intentionally… not if they just happened to step aside at the right moment. Nobody said THAT.

Please don’t conceal your premises gentlemen. It’s amateur logic.

But a shaolin monk could do it. Its an eastern philosophic trick that asians are intrinsically able to do. Bruce lee did it when he played ping pong with the nun chuks.

They are able to achieve a state of prescience where they know what will happen before it happens. It’s an epistemological trick the continentalists knew nothing about. By not-knowing, or i-know-notness… the Tao lin shangui, the unknown becomes the known notness and is not what is known. But because that is a doxastological paradox, what is known is what is not, and that is what has not happened yet.

The future is before it becomes what it is, and be known in advance, it may.

That is what I meant by “Listen, watch, and anticipate … then don’t be there.”

The universe has a measured affectance resonance (known as CMB) as well as multiple levels of more physical, extremely subtle resonating fields, often intuitively expressed as a “vibe”. Insects and animals tend to be very sensitive to it compared to humans. Typically a house fly can detect a person’s hand movement (from standstill) before the hand has moved even a centimeter. To catch a fly by hand, one must anticipate the direction of the flies movement (assuming it wasn’t asleep).

And as you say, it is often knowing of what is missing from the normal vibe, not what is there, then calculating/anticipating from that knowledge. It has been demonstrated and measured that priests can begin to move just as the trigger begins to be pulled, if not just before, such as to avoid the shot.

It is all about listening, watching, and moving accordingly:
“Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the PHT unto Harmony.”

Meant to say you would see the flash under ideal conditions.

There is a video of the Myth-busters using “Hollywood flash” blanks at 500 yards so it could be seen. Of course that crew isn’t exactly the most astute or agile specimens of homosapian (not terribly bright either, but…).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qY0DA7DG9s[/youtube]

Holy shit. I forgot about Pootie Tang. He may be the best bullet dodger of all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F29OdRpmbvg[/youtube]

What is your theory of biology that possibly explains how Shaolin Monks have surpassed the action potential of mammalian neurons?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrite

Neuroplastivity doesn’t shorten the length of cranial nerves, or the larger nervous system- these lengths are fixed. It rewires, regrows within the confines of clusters how information is processed. You might get a slightly higher degree of efficiency, in certain functions, but a quick look over martial arts in Asia shows that thinking about performing a action, rather than wrote behavior executing the same task as choreographed in a martial art, is slower. Its why the Russian Martial Art of Sambo is slower, but more unpredictable. Learning a fighting style in China is faster, but less predictable.

These monks would have to decide how to move. Given they have to decide how to move throws the speed advantage from traditional eastern martial arts out the window. They wouldn’t gain much advantage from neural plasticity either, as Shaolin Monks were not traditionally trained to Dodge bullets, and the monks now are a tourist attraction and can’t paper airplanes.

You cannot dodge a bullet. You might be able to sense a flash, but knowing what it is before you get hit is a different issue… it happens that quick. Its why millions have died in wars from guns, and why we have no reports of ballerinas dancing across WW1 trench battlefields dodging bullets, lobbying grenades at the enemy trench, and then fluttering back on nimble toes. We would have a lot more antedotal evidence for guys pulling off bad ass gymnastics calling machine gunners in kill zones fucking pussies, explaining how they figured out that if they kept their eyes on the machine gun nest, they could calculate in advance where the bullet would hit… we got none of that shit, at least nothing anyone believes, sending them off for a Psyche evaluation.

We aren’t in the movie Equilibrium. This stuff isn’t realistic in the least. It shows a massive ignorance of how physics work, how neurology works, no evident awareness of battlefield casualties and the nagging question of why so many people manage to get shot if the ability to dodge a bullet exists.

All we got are texts emphasizing battle drills to create optical confusion, formations that emphasize cover and concealment, suppression and seemingly random movement. No one in any army I know of have written battle drills that emphasizes melee, loose formations of ballerinas on the battlefield dodging bullets.

I strongly recommend, however James, you take this theory and put it to practice in Syria, teaching ISIS that you are a Engineer, so trust me, I’m right… you can run out into the enemy’s Lane of Fire, as long as you keep your eyes fixed on the muzzle flash and listen for a click, you can certainly Dodge any bullet, as Allah wills it. Jihadist have superhuman, silicon based reflexes, they aren’t restricted to neural processing limits, or cognitive cycles to force decision making. Hearing some guy on a donkey quote the Koran makes you change your biology into a supercyborg, capable of dodging all bullets.

Your theory is great for our enemies to hold to James, but not for Americans or our allies. I don’t want some kids practicing your ignorant theory out in a field. If your aiming at something, with a normal firearm, and pull the trigger, expect it to go down. Appreciable delays only occur with very long range sniper rifles. Most people lack access to these, and given the high skill level involved in getting them zeroed and figuring the wind, I doubt anywhere you move to is safe in a attempted dodge.

I can’t recall the distance, but was told as if 2008, the known Army record for the longest shot of a sniper that resulted in a kill took 47 tries! Makes you wonder what the target was thinking, how aware he was.

Yeah, both these guys are middle-aged. I don’t know how old, but one’s got a beard turning gray. They have some younger people on this show; they should have used them for this myth. And they did it in broad daylight. I admit that the flash from a rifle is going to be kind of hard to see from a distance, but I wouldn’t have thought it impossible, if it were done in overcast conditions, maybe near dusk or dawn, and the target had good eyesight. The trouble is these guys are both middle-aged, they’re wearing protective goggles, which reduces their vision, and they did the experiment under a bright California sun.

I’m also thinking that the more charge a cartridge has, the bigger the flash is going to be, such as a cartridge a sniper would use. Of course, the bigger the charge, the faster the bullet is going to travel.

The flash is determined by other factors, the release of gas, and so it depends on the make and model of the rifle.

I’ve fired at Fort Irwin. Bullets move very fast there too, the Mohave doesn’t change much.

Those lit up rounds in my picture above move slower, but will still nail you faster than you can duck.

Its why it’s really important to be a practiced marksman, aim center mass (allows for a greater allowance in trajectory that aiming at a tiny head), and not rush into it, preferably with the element of surprise. If you get a missed shot off, they are going to be taking cover and firing back. If you can only hit one of them, the rest will take cover. It is what makes it such a nasty business, it’s hard to get enough expert marksmen together in one spot to nail a whole platoon at once.

I would love to see a mass sniper ambush take down 30 guys marching at once, oblivious to the ambush… synchronizing the attack and they all go down in mass, like it was one shot heard. Knowing my luck, it be my formation, and right at that moment I reach down to Puck something up and then be like “WTF is everyone lying down for?.. oh shit”!

I would love to know what the hypothetical James Dance is to get out of that situation. Start doing cartwheels to the rear or something like in a Chinese fantasy movie. Or move like Leto II when he battled his Aunt for the throne of Dune.

Look at me, I’m part Sandworm, I can move very fast!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8lsl2uSZ5I

Honestly, unless you can move that fast, you can’t dodge a bullet.

Turd employs logical fallacies to save his argument. He funnels everything into either spamming rounds (WW1 trench warfare) or high vel sniper rounds. Then he says that one cannot dodge invisible spammed rounds (no kidding) and that one cannot dodge a platoon of syncronised high vel sniper rounds (again, no kidding.)

The original post said handgun bullets.

A certain self-defense seminar taught the value of melee, in WW2 they taught it to storm castles. Why? Because most of the castle gaurds had handguns or lowvel SMGS. Melee is an advantage, you want to close in quickly before he can shoot. You dont want to shoot him, because chances are in close quarters, because in a shooting contest, like a pissing contest online, he will shoot you back because neither of your bullets will kill each other, it will just be a pissing contest, who can fill up with the most lead first. In CQC melee usually has the upper hand.

Damn it all … just use a bloody shotgun and there’s no such thing as dodging bullets. Take out a platoon of 30 men with a shotgun blast? Sure … just use birdshot … the trick is not to kill them, but to blind them. Once you blind them, you can pick them off at your leisure.

All you need is a little explosive and some shrapnel (birdshot), send it up on a drone at about 200 feet, until it’s directly above your platoon, and then send it into a dive. This would be more effective if they’re not wearing helmets, but the real trick is to get them all to look up just before you detonate. Accomplish this by having your drone honk its horn, or whatever the drone equivalent of a horn is.

Think about it … the future of warfare … drones … next robots.

I had a shotgun with both birdshot (yellow) and kill shot (red).

Neither could take out a platoon of 30 people. I think it was Che Guevera who advocated using it at about 30 yards perpendicular on military transports, but the intention wasn’t to kill them, but to piss them off enough to stop the vehicle and get out… then a more bone ride ambush would take place.

Doesn’t really work too well… birdshot is great for aerial birds, but in Iraq it only saw use for recreational hunting by bored guys. I loaned my stuff out for a mission, they ended up using human shot on a bunch of pidgeons. Some Iraqi trained them to fly up on command in a park whenever he saw humvees go by, so they decided to kill all the pidgeons.

Shotguns other use, besides annoying platoons with very superficial ball splatter, is in MOUT, used in destructive entry on doors, blasting through a doorknob prior to kicking open a door. It us now discouraged, cause people often times get curious as to what that noise us outside, and kids have been known to go up to doors… right when the shotgun goes off.

I personally see no reason why you can’t point a rifle at a 165° angle and shoot through the knob, 5.56 should do the job, all locksmiths use us a drill for their destructive entry.

Shotgun shells can also be modified to act like short range mortars… very short range, but I don’t see much point. Might be useful for clearing mines and IEDs with a line of shape charges. Too loud to shoot a grapple for clearing barb wire under stealth conditions.

Shotguns saw very, very little action in Iraq. They just seem harassed.

You “may” be able to Dodge a old 50 Cal Matchlock. In the Korean TV show The Slave Hunters, it shows that season 1, Episode 4. It seems slow enough velocity, and big enough of a shot. Just… it’s not rifled, and the spin can go anywhere. Also depends on the quality of the black powder… modern rifles don’t use the black powder formula, it’s why it’s easy for militias in Africa and Asia to run out of ammo suddenly. They obviously know how to make gunpowder, they have gun smiths out in the field… but the old stuff works are much slower, less lethal ranges. Still useful under the right commander, but these wars tend not to have the right commander, and they are under a philosophical embargo by anyone who knows to keep them from figuring it out.

Somebody has been reading La Guerra de Guerrillas, carleas. Better keep an eye on this guy. He couldd be a rogue hacker from some kind of Quaker group.

Years ago. The book sucked. He wasn’t very good at writing Art of Wars, and anyone using that text would die rather quick, which I suppose is the main reason it is so widely available, governments prefer their rebels using it.

Its only his later step into writing on merging “bourgeois management techniques” in Cuban undertakings, such as construction, does he start to show a sign of intelligence. Cant really say I’m much impressed with Marxist Martial Doctrina, that shit is only viable if a whole region (multiple cities) is in a definite revolutionary throw, or your bring supplied by the USSR. Given Russia today usually doesn’t care, and very few spots on the planet fit that qualification for revolutionary uprising (Kurds are best example, in Syria, or ISIS, or what is happening in Mozambique), there are very, very few realistic possibilities for a successful Marxist campaign. Kurdish Syria is the best chance, and they are allied with the US… so go figure.

Ukrainians did recently finally knock out power to Crimea. If I was living there (and easily could have been), I would of gone after the pipeline heading to Europe on the far western side. Thats just me… would of been in the very beginning. Ukraine moved very slow in asserting it’s options, blowing the power and oil early would of made Putin invade via Belarussia and right down the lifeline from the Russian, Ukrainian border, causing a lot of weak points to hit. You can win a guerilla war under those conditions, but not from a slim front as Russia holds now. Ukraine wasn’t aware of it’s own strategic strengths early on, they just saw military incompetency and Russian aggression. The Ukraine war could if been won by a handful of men.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-34899491

I would of been far more pissed, and would have one sweet bounty on my head. Its very lucky for Putin that relationship didn’t work out, and didn’t love to Europe. Zero hesitation on my part.

If you think abou it, La Guerra de Guerrillas was like the Beatles white album of tactical warfare writing. It basically brought the realism of war and the zeitgeist of communism to a stoned generation of leftleaning hippy rebels in college. It was almost mandatory reading for any politically literate college student who wanted to drop out and start a revolution.

Che essentially mobilized a generation of anarchists that wore army jackets and quoted Malcolm X too often. In this sense his book was like an album… it brought military literacy to the hippy generation.

There is very little realism in that manual.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … raine.html

As I said, you would due very quickly using his fortifications and troop movement procedures, and how he figured to train guts in Marksmanship…

I don’t see the link to Malcolm X, I read his autobiography. I learned to write like he did, sat down and read the dictionary, night after night. I don’t see Malcolm X digging a pointless hole in the ground for a command tent. I can’t begin to stress how bad che’s book was. But hey, you wanna make it easy and sleep in hammocks at eye level, go right ahead. Makes it easier for the troops tracking you to nail your ass. I can see the infantry guys looking at one another stunned at how very silly fucking easy it is to blow the encampment away.

If your a Che fan, you’ll wanna read this:
latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi … ral-staff/

But a guerrilla band would not make an encampment unless they were certain they were not being pursued… and nine times out of ten they are not. Not sure if eye level hammocks are the only sleeping accommodations the fuser talks about, though.

Remember your Mao. If the enemy does not pursue, rest. This is basic shit turd. Clearly che assumes the reader knows in advance that this basic precept is understood.

So no enemy in sight, put the hammocks up if you want. No problem. Keeps half the bugs off you and regulates your temp better. The ground doesn’t suck away your heat. And seventy five percent of the time in a south American jungle everything is wet, especially the ground.

I’m aware of the climate issues, and read all of Mao’s released military writings, as well as Deng Xiaoping’s papers from his military days in the 8th Army, as well as a substantial number of Chinese military classics.

I’m also very aware of the climate in Vietnam and equatorial regions in south America and Africa. Tarp is the better choice. And no, you don’t rest unless you have a large stronghold, and the ability to link up with other units and retreat into your rear.

What happens when you rest, in one spot, for even just a day?

Guys start kissing and shitting, they make trails out of laziness. Scouts stumble about, trying to make sense if weak and strong points, and figure out where patrols are. This very act exposes your scouts to their much better trained and equiped scouts, who have topological maps of the area. They can better sniff out your hiding place than you can, cause most every army on earth has anti-insurgency and counter guerilla training. The few that don’t are currently being trained by the US or NATO allies (Turkey does a lot believe it or not in the oddest of places). Columbia too is doing this through it’s Merc units.

The smell of piss, refuge, burning woods, shit… it’s a dead give away as to your numbers and strength.

If you spend most of your time setting up temporary camps, on a daily basis, your mostly in route. Logistics will be a nightmare, men will rely on pillaging and hunting, which likewise leaves a trace and exposes you to surveillance.

If your camp is too far away, the men will grow lazy from walking far, and leave a obvious trail, will be exhausted arriving, more so leaving, unless you allow for rest intervals. However, you do this, it shortens your effective calander dates you can be actively fighting. If kept always near, your screwed, you will be found fast. Ask any hobo living in a national park, they always get caught eventually.

His methods suck, and we’re meant for beginning armies. Mao inherited a army, turned it to steel in The Long March. He already had territory. Che is trying to get one or two guys working at Applebees in the dishroom to light a spark that leads to Mao’s situation.

History has shown us, it really doesn’t work this way. Its been a endless stream of failures. Every once in a while I will read a squad of Marxist took off from Ireland (other places too) into the South American jungle. Why? Cause they read about this, think it works. End result, it doesn’t.

You live in Virginia, look up the slave era Moor population in Virginia and North Carolina, in the swamps. You gotta have that kind of commitment to be successful.

The sound of the bullet would take time to reach your ear, so you would not know the gun had fired, until the sound wave hits the ear, and the nervous signal reaches the brain. There will then be processing time for the brain to decide what to do and then send the signal to the head to move out of the way. But you would not have enough information from the sound alone to know where to move.
There might be a small chance of seeing the finger move on the trigger, but by the time the bullet is out of the barrel you will be hit by the bullet before you have figured out what to do.