Pedro's Corner (Part 1)

It gets a little shaky in the 70’s season. That’s a hard aesthetic to glorify. Difficult.

But the 2010’s season. What a goddamn masterpiece.

Lol, I can’t remember what the other one was anymore. Hmm…

Oh yeah! The 2000’s one! Holy shit what a good season. I musta forgot it cause it’s so explosively a personal portrait. Inevitably more powerful than a societal portrait, or even a small scale communal one.

What a delightful season. My word.

To my benefit, I wathced them in reverse order. 3, 2, 1. I recommend it.

Until you have TRULY understood David Hasselhoff, you will not crack the 70’s. Until then, the elongated collars will remain an alien vision for you, impersonal and quirky.

The case could be fairly made that humanity, through their spokespersons the Cohen brothers, has no need to crack or revisit the 70’s.

Is it wrong, is it so goddamn wrong, that I like the contrast of the small trees showing fresh green and the ground under it littered with millions of cigarette butts?

Huh, Sean Penn? Does it HAVE to be one or the other?

ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!

If it’s destructible, it’s worthless.

Do you agree with this? Is all of history an exposition of this question?

You know what, True Grit is where they started to slip. I didn’t even finish it, tried it twice.
They took a girl in the lead out of political correctness, clearly not out of interest in building a character.
Bored the shit out of me which is grinding frustration if you just built up for a Coen movie.

Heard it said many times.

Cinemas Portnoys Complaint. Very haunting.
It doesn’t defeat the Big Lebowski but doesn’t play in the same game.

Thats sad. But I stopped actually admiring Tarantino when he came out with Jackie Brown. Beyond that he was just the guy who once made two of the best movies ever and then kinda went hobbling along with the echos.

Kill Bill 2 is very decent, despite Thurman who simply isn’t a martial artist. It is good because it has Michael Madsen in it. I think of all his movies except Dogs and Pulp, and I want to count True Romance too as it is all in the screenplay, as immaterial to my version of film history. None of them get a mention in the top 100. But Pulp Fiction is actually still the most powerful movie out there if I think about it.

I am not surprise T doesn’t know what the fuck he is in this world. He just makes movies. He doesn’t know morals or politics or philosophy, he knows kung fu movies and board games of John Travolta movies. They can make him say anything. He fears woman like no man ever did before.

Ah the show yeah. Season 1 and 2 are mind blowing.
Fuck the third season, I find it some cynical game with the audiences fascination. Fuck all the people in it.

This sentence shouldnt even have a specific ending.

What movies of Sean Penn set you off like this?
I think Mystic River was that detective story he made, which was good cinematography, nice and bleak like Liam Neeson is looking for.

What about Tom Hardy, he is pretty good.

2zofzg-3.jpg

That was the grinding yes.
Then I discovered a way of thinking that makes worth itself indestructible. And it turned out to be the only way of thinking worth anything.

My man, them’s some good memes.

Tom Hardy is pretty good.

Actually, pivotal good as far as the history of cinema goes.

But he couldn’t MAKE a movie.

Sean Penn? Sean Penn was good in another way. He made cinema cool in a way that it already was, but explanted it a bit. But he can MAKE movies. I discovered him through Roger Ebert’s list. What’s that one called? The Pledge. Into The Wild is also good. For the soul there.

What else? He made one called Crossing Guard which marked the spot between wondering and knowing. How to make a good movie, that is.

Then 20 years and some propaganda piece that I got into 3 seconds before switching off. Makes my ghost wantto puke.

I don’t know anybody else that makes good Saggitarian cinema. But I also haven’t wondered or looked or noticed. Sean Penn is good at depicting cigarettes, which is the apples in a bowl on a wooden table of cinema. Apples in the greek sense, you know, fruit.

Sadly, I believe I have to agree with you there on True Grit. I watched the whole way through, for I saw that there was a way to redeem that approach. But they did not take it.

Anyway, they are not committed to politics ther. They are just wandering.

Many of their works are monumental endorsements of Trump.

They are of the Muses, sai. They cannot be held responsible. Um, that much.

Hardy is my Grandfather’s mother’s name. And Toro his Father’s.

I am technically Cinema aristocracy.

(In Venezuela, we stripped Toro of the “del” a few decades after we decided nobles were fags.)

I wonder, what did you think of Inherent Vice?