My reward system theory

Yes. That thought would send the pleasure signal to your brain which is what would allow you to experience a “rewarding feeling” through your pleasant feelings/emotions (reward system). So with all of this being said, go ahead and reread this whole topic (theory) of mine and you can now see how the validity of my theory has been revealed to you. It should now all make perfect sense to you how there really is a scientific (feeling/emotional) version of good and bad which is a non-moral version of good and bad that humanity and science is currently unaware of.

I still don’t understand your intent when you distinguish “moral good and bad” from “scientific good and bad”.

There are things that are favorable toward your health. Those things are referred to as “good” [for your health]. Many of those things might not feel good at all, even if you are cognizant of their healthy nature. Are you saying that because you never felt good concerning them, that they were never actually (“scientifically”) good? I think that Science would disagree.

Ooo…thought you were dead.

Who?
And I see that you are still exaggerating your use of the word “think”.
:wink:

The moral version of good and bad says that it doesn’t matter what mental state (mood) we are in. It is a thought version of good and bad. If you judge your life to have good meaning through your thoughts, then that will make it so. But the scientific version of good and bad has nothing to do with our thinking. It is a feeling/emotional version of good and bad as I’ve said before. In other words, if you are in a good mood (experiencing your pleasant feelings/emotions), then your life is good regardless of what you think otherwise. If you are in a bad mood, then your life has bad meaning regardless of what you tell yourself otherwise.

But the feeling/emotional version of good and bad is the true good and bad. It is the only thing that can give good or bad meaning to us and our lives. This is because if there is a scientific version of good and bad, then the moral version of good and bad would have to be fake and would not give good or bad meaning to us and our lives. It would be no different than how if there is a scientific version of sight and hearing (which there is since sight and hearing are scientific terms), then a moral version of sight and hearing would have to be fake and would not give us sight or hearing.

The suicidal kid, jackass.

I am talking about a hypochondriac, not a necrophobic.

You don’t really know the difference between controlled and uncontrolled pain, you are merely trying to convince yourself that you do because you want to escape my accusations. You want to make it look like controlled pain is something you are capable of, but something that you reject because of your personal preferences.

Your scientific good and bad is probably not scientific at all, and if it is, it’s plain wrong, and I can easily show why. Childbirth, for example, is painful, does that mean that childbirth is bad? Does that man that the fact that we are alive is a bad thing?

If we felt unpleasant feelings/emotions from those things, then they would be of bad value to us. But it wouldn’t be morally bad to us. It would be bad to us in a feeling/emotional sense. Now the situations in of themselves without our pleasant/unpleasant feelings/emotions would not be good or bad. They would just simply be referred to as situations and nothing more. Our thinking, decisions/choices, and situations alone do not give good or bad meaning to us and our lives. It is just a matter of decision making, making choices, and doing things that promote or hinder/threaten our survival and the survival of others. It is nothing more than that. Those things would bring us no good or bad meaning if we did not experience pleasant or unpleasant feelings/emotions from them.

Some women orgasm during childbirth, some women orgasm when their booty is bleeding raw. So pain is pleasure sometimes. This is why I call Pleasure uppercase, to differentiate from lower case pain and pleasure, which is sometimes Pleasure.

It’s not. It would be no different than saying that our sight can be hearing or that our hearing can be sight. Pain and pleasure are two completely different brain functions. Moments where you feel unpleasant feelings/emotions (pain) are obviously moments of pain. Moments where you then experience pleasant feelings/emotions would obviously then be moments of pleasure. But if you derive pleasant feelings/emotions from unpleasant feelings/emotions, then you would have both experiences of pleasure and pain going on at the same time here. But that still would not make the pain pleasure and would not make the pleasure pain since they are still two completely different functions as I’ve said before. It would be no different than how we are able to see and hear at the same time. That does not make our hearing sight or our sight hearing.

Not so. Cutting feels good. Hot tubs feel good. Localized brain functions do not translate to ethereal values. Too much dopamine is unpleasant.

This makes no sense to me. We all know that pleasure is always a rewarding mental experience for us. We also all know that the term “rewarding experience” has been defined as only being our reward system (pleasant feelings/emotions) since our reward system is the only function of our brains that can give us a rewarding experience as I’ve said before. Any other version of rewarding experience others say we can have in our lives is fake. Therefore, pleasure can only be our pleasant feelings/emotions and not our pain and misery. Same thing applies for love, joy, happiness, inspiration, etc. which are also always rewarding experiences for us as human beings as well.

The brain is not a simple device where painful nerve endings, or pleasure centers translate to pleasure or pain as mathematical values in the ethereal.
For example, if a hot woman gets slapped on the ass, does she enjoy it? Why? Because pain is not so simple as “nerve ending X registered to pain center Y” pain and pleasure is more complicated than that.

So your next argument is, the hot woman got some endorphins from it, which cancelled out the pain of her ass slap.

It is not so simple as endorphins either. Buddhist preists and Catholic pedophiles can enjoy their fasting, celibacy, starvation lack of positive feelings etc.

Then that would not be enjoyment. What they are doing here is fooling their brains. They are having thoughts of enjoying their starvation, pain, misery, and whatnot. They think they are enjoying that. But they are not. The thinking area of our brains always tends to fool us as human beings and it is only natural for it to do so. For example, fear can only be an unpleasant feeling/emotion since that is what it is. But if a person who cannot experience any unpleasant feelings/emotions were to encounter a dangerous situation, then he/she might very well report back to you and say that situation was a frightening experience for him/her. But our thoughts alone cannot experience any fear. Therefore, he/she would only be fooling his/herself into thinking he/she was having a frightening experience when he/she really wasn’t.

As for enjoyment, I will say this here again to make myself clear. Enjoyment is always a rewarding mental experience for us as human beings. The term “rewarding experience” has been defined through science as only being our reward system (pleasant feelings/emotions) since our reward system is the only function of our brains that can give us a rewarding experience. Therefore, enjoyment can only be our pleasant feelings/emotions. The opposite (which would be pain, suffering, and misery) would obviously only be our unpleasant feelings/emotions since those things are always disrewarding experiences for us as human beings.

To say:

“This was nothing but pain and misery to me, but I still enjoyed it anyway,” then that would be no different than saying:

“This was nothing but pain and misery to me, but I still derived pleasant feelings/emotions from it anyway.” If this person experienced nothing but pain and misery and did not derive any pleasant feelings/emotions at all, then this would be a false (contradictory) statement.

Some people enjoy fear.They watch horror movies. It is a Pleasure to them. I call it uppercase Pleasure to differ it from simple, robotic, lower case “pleasure” like as in rubbing your clit. pain cannot be pleasure (lowercase). pain can be Pleasure (uppercase.) Do you understand?

Then you know nothing about the mental experiences of our brain. You know nothing about science (our brains). Enjoyment is always a rewarding mental experience. Our rewarding experiences are always from our reward system (pleasant feelings/emotions). So enjoyment is always our pleasant feelings/emotions. Go study up on science and learn this yourself.

People who are ignorant of science and how the brain actually works dismisses and throws my experience of depression and anhedonia out the window. People think that I can still have enjoyment and whatnot in my life having depression and anhedonia. But this is truly ignorant, dismissive, and insulting to the person struggling with depression and anhedonia. I am not angry with you at all. I am just telling you something here.

Simple minds and simpletons. Not my fault if your brain don’t work right. My data goes for normal people, not people like you.

If an ant tells me that Great philosophies don’t apply to his mind, does that mean Great philosophies are rubbish?