Morality Ethics Wisdom

Yes, it’s my opinion. My point was in how immature logic forgets its own point, or never had a clear point to begin with. What’s the point in knowing who’s fault an accident is, when the main point is to not get into an accident in the first place? If someone else’s opinion is that accidents don’t matter - it’s only about who’s fault it is - I wouldn’t even know what to say to them. That’s an unhealthy nihilistic tendency exhibiting lack of respect for one’s own life and and likewise the lives of others.

What have I misunderstood? I completely disagree with your assertion that “all moral foundations are built on metaphysical assumptions”. I’ve spent a lot of time and energy showing that your basic premise is not necessarily true. ](*,)

I’ve described non-metaphysical morality to death. It’s reasonable, it’s not absolutist, and it’s not arbitrary. Anyway, your self-created morals will be either reasonable or arbitrary. By definition they can’t be both. And you wouldn’t be able to live with arbitrary morals for very long, which leaves the ‘reasonable’ option. Plus, you seem like a thoughtful and decent guy so I’m not too worried about it.