Matrix Reloaded!

Yes, I agree with your interpretation, yet still believe the war is over. The idea of Man & AI synthesis was the main theme of the movie ‘Ghost in the Shell’ which had a very strong influence on the first Matrix movie. So I definitely think you’re onto something!

I watched the film for the first time yesterday and was generally suprised.
Matrix is massive, and all the moan’s ive been hearing of people saying it not as good as the first one. It was alright. It was slow. Well that was always going to happen film’s-naturally lose some originality( like come on… the first film he realise’s his THE ONE), i thought it was a good film.

Agent Smith/ Mr Anderson= What a fight with that metal bar! wow was the word when i was watching it. Agent smith really does have some affinity with neo, the fact that they both killed each other in the first-shows that something was going on with matrix/reality interplay. Plus agent smith is class! and working for the oracle.

When neo fight’s those agent’s near the start, they say “YEA let’s seabass him, his only human”, So neo fight’s them and win’s without doubt but he say’s while fighting them “umm upgrades” hinting that reality was for him the matrix.

When there walking toward’s a lift in the real world and laddo with the “im going to cut my hand” gives him the spoon; is that all the oracles doing?
She seem’s to be more evil than expected, neo seems like the 0.1% she cant predict–who’s the rock hard chinese golden glow man?
This architect trying to get a cause, just as that french thing wouldnt stop ranting on about it; but the dreadlock twins, will open up the next film but particularly architect and oracle are at war with each other. This just leaves that french man? not sure missed his start.

WITHOUT A DOUBT Neo is going to super ultra transformer go-go power ranger’s style in the final part. One thing that i wanted more from Neo was that “wait a minute, a used to be a loser computer person who was confused as hell” kind of thing going on- but i suppose he had to save everyone else all the time anyways, so he probably didnt have time been the One and all.
Agent smith could do anything! The concept’s we were coming up with during the film;
The best one was just blow Neo up with a nuclear weapon-- see if he takes it. Along others more silly than world/reality/matrix world that the film was
about.
Morpheus the general, but lose’s it at the end like his lost his faith or something(lusty sex seens in the next film, with his sexy ex-girlfriend).
Trinity is the “trinity” as it’ll be Neo’s reason that changes the state of affair’s that she’s certainly in the middle ( remember the sexy women with that french goomba ).

Anyweres ive been looking forward to seeing it and finally i have; it was more watching with other people who kept talking over it. Four-three years of waiting, predicting and conjuring story lines up didnt make it disappointing as the papers made it out. Soon the third will be out and lord of the ring’s third film, so all in all im watching it again.

I agree that part of why we do not love the second movie as much as the first is because of our love for the slacker/computer hacker who must adapt or change his surroundings. The film fit this nitch with the first, the second was more of an action nitch

I consider Reloaded to be more of a set-up for the third movie, and not so much an ‘entity’ in itself, so I can’t quite compair it to the first. There really aren’t any major lettdowns in my opinion, both are different and both are great…

i posted in the wrong place.

On reloaded; ive seen it again-pissed though.
Now it’s all changed, trinity is the matrix, been the cause.
Morpheus is after france(but im still hugely unsure about it cause ive been massively stoned both time’s ive seen it).

I’ve deleted the post in question, as it’s already posted in the correct topic.

Hi,

Just a quick question about Matrix Reloaded. I saw it last night and was impressed, definitely provoked some thoughts in me.

SPOILER AHEAD

My question is this: In the scene where Neo massages Trinity’s heart she is brought back to life. From what I understood from the first Matrix, when you are hurt in the Matrix, your mind is so convinced it is being hurt, it transfers the wound/pain to the real world. The same rule applies to dying, when you suffer a wound so great in the matrix that would cause you to die in the real world, your mind cannot overcome this sense of dying.

Ok, now we’ve established that rule, how then is Trinity bought back to life if her mind is unaware of it? Neo is not really massaging her heart because they are both in the matrix. If her mind cannot see that her heart is being massaged back to life, how can it be transferred to the real world since that is the connector between them.

Does that makes sense?

• ben

I was under the impression that your real self isn’t complelty dead, because you sub-concious is still aware of the Matrix. Not only that, but when Neo was stroking her heart, he was in essence … … . . damn, I can’t explain it.

Ben, you’re just now watching Reloaded? Do you also read yesterday’s newspaper?

Anyhow, to answer your question- signals from the Matrix enter your body, the same way signals from your mind enter the matrix. When Trintiy “died”, Neo massaged her heart, and those “massaging” signals entered the dead brain of Trinity. Meaning, that the electrical pulses revived her. I suppose it’s analogous to a heart being shocked into beating again with a defibulator. That’s the way I explained away the loophole anyhow :smiley: .

I love finding loopholes in movies. Sad thing is that if it is a movie you like, you try to give solutions for it. Instead of admitting that the people that wrote the movie were on crack when they tried to plot out the movie.

I think you guys are confused about what it means to die. There is no clear cut off between living and dying, they just sort of fade into one another. It is possible to ‘bring someone back to life’ once their heart has stopped beating. What you’re saying is like saying anyone in the matrix who was sent to a hospital in a critical condition, can’t be ‘brought back to life’ once their heart has stopped. When as you all know, thats not true.
So no loop hole I’m afraid.