Light Movement

No I mean if you hypothetically could cause something to go the speed of light that started not going that speed and you added more force/energy than needed to go light speed what would happen to the additional force/energy?

:laughing:

No I mean when it begins to deviate from the forward motion.:

Why would we say something which is not possible? The photon is always moving at the speed of light.

:frowning:

Oh…
It will encounter, somewhat randomly, a wave edge and that will give it a slight course alteration to the right or left. Once it has been pushed slightly one way, it has a higher probability of catching a similar influence and continue in which ever direction it started in. The wave pattern will guide the little boat toward one of the shallow points on the opposite side of the pool. Because the waves are harmonic, there will be defined points on the other side where the shallow will be deeper than any other points. That is what will yield the pattern. In the dark pictorial, those would be the lighter waves seen in the pic.

If you are considering a particle with mass, then as you give it more energy, the mass increases. As light speed is approached, the mass approaches infinity and the energy required approaches infinity.

Besides which if something is going the speed of light, there is no way to add to it. You couldn’t catch up to it such as to add anything.

Say all the wave generators started at exactly the same time wouldn’t the waves from all for sides hit at the same time such as to cause no deviation. Or is it just impossible to create perfect simultaneousness thus. I mean wouldn’t all 4 waves hit at the same time with the same force? If no why not?

When the mass increases size of the particle does not change does it?

That is why I said they were “weak generators”. They share responsibility in the final outcome. They can’t dictate perfection. And they can’t maintain their original intent because the waves affect them as they affect the waves. That is how you end up with harmonic reactions.

I don’t think Science can answer that one, but my answer is “yes”.

That’s not a counter argument because it could be moving through a field.

That was a stupid question.

What does a field have to do with anything? Anything that would be chasing the particle would also be traveling through that same field.

So if you had a very sensitive scale and put a spin-top on it would weigh x, but if you gave it spin the weight would be x+y where y>(1/∞) ?

What does that mean in a relativistic universe? If you are attached to the particle, then you do not observe a change in size. If you are away from the particle, you can’t measure the size.

I see.

What if say a black whole was pulling on the light? in other words a gravity field.

A particle accelerator applies an electromagnetic field to the particle. No chasing required.

It might cause increased drag that could be noticed…