Liberal & Conservative 'Pseudoscience'

Wrong thread, please delete.

Yes that’s where globalization comes in. The antichrist is the globalist. I remember when Bush Sr mentioned “new world order” in a speech and everyone thought the antichrist was coming soon. That was about 1988 which was 40 years after israel became a state and everyone made a big deal out of that too, like the end of the world was near. Undaunted by failed predictions, they’re still waiting for a one-world government and the mark of the beast that everyone will have to get in their right hand or forehead lest they be not able to buy or sell. I thought that was really going to happen for many years.

They are his to give. All denominations that I’m aware of consider satan to be ruler of this world. The world fell with adam.

As a matter of fact, my stepdad recently used the book of Job to argue for other worlds that god created:

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

“Sons of God” is plural, and if satan is a son of God who rules earth, then there must be other earths with other sons of God as rulers.

So then at the Armageddon, God will dethrone Satan and cast him into the bottomless pit, then judge everyone not covered in the blood of christ, then destroy the earth and “all elements will burn with fervent heat”, then create a new world where sin can’t happen, which will be the eternal habitat for all those saved from the destruction.

I don’t know much about that topic.

The thing about christianity is forgiveness and faith rather than “right action”. “We’re saved by faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.” Paul specifically said “All things are lawful to me, but not all things are expedient.” Works are evidence of salvation and not the cause of salvation. So there is no moral code to stick to, but if you’re saved, you are a “new creature” that displays moral evidence of the salvation. Judaism is opposite of that and they believe works cause salvation. Jesus went on a lengthy tirade calling the jews “hypocrites” and asking them how they will escape the damnation of hell:

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=KJV

Yes I know, christians are anything but.

He wanted people to give everything they had and go follow him.

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Elsewhere he said:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Just charitable donations won’t cut it.

He’s probably gifted, would be my take, in those areas he is gifted.

@Serendipper

I’m not a theist, but I share the bible’s pessimism about globalism.

It’d be a boring waste if (the) Elohim only created one inhabited world.

Right, they do good deeds for their own sake, not for the sake of salvation, which comes from faith in Jesus’s sacrifice for their sins alone.

There are unhypocritical Christians, who practice love and forgiveness, but few and far in between.

Broad is the road to hell.

Right, but none of that is how they earn their salvation, which comes from faith in Jesus’s sacrifice alone, all of the above is voluntary, not obligatory.

I don’t think the bible is asserting that globalism is necessarily bad because after all god is the ultimate globalist. Watts said it puzzled him that people of a republic would have a monarchical theory of the universe. Looks like a bit of cognitive dissonance going on.

Watts pointed out that nature is really wasteful and it’s evidence that the universe is merely having fun (expending energy just for the sake of expending energy).

The universe is too silly and inefficient to be anything we could have made lol

Well, doing good for its own sake isn’t a religion. As a religion, they do things they think will help ensure a seat in heaven. I mean, if I’m nice to joe because I want him to be nice to me, I’m not practicing a religion. But if I’m nice to joe because I think god will kick my ass, then that’s religion.

Would you rather be friends with the kid who’s only nice to you because his parents threatened to beat his ass or the kid that just wanted to be nice because it’s a sensible thing to do? Where is the moral foundation here?

The bullseye is always the smallest part.

It’s obligatory if it’s considered evidence of salvation. It’s obligatory that a plant not be a weed if it wants to live. There is nothing you can do, but your action is still required. It’s required as an effect of salvation. If the good works aren’t there, then the salvation probably isn’t there.

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

My understanding of judaism has always been the obverse of christianity in that right-action can somehow influence salvation.

@Serendipper

Right, the bible is saying man’s/Satan’s globalist state is bad, whereas man’s nationalist state is okay, so long as it doesn’t persecute Christians, whereas El’s (I prefer to call him El, I mean if we were talking about Odin or Zeus, we wouldn’t use the generic God name) globalism is good, but El’s is fully established after the fall of man’s/Satan’s global state, not before.
There’s no such thing as a Christian state, which’s why the church was kept fundamentally separate from the state all those years.

I guess their politics, evolved, faster than their religion, but some of your founders were deists and others were probably closeted atheists.

Apparently the universe is almost completely desolate and hostile to life.

Doesn’t seem like anything a God would have made.

I don’t see it like that.
Again it’s salvation by faith in Christ alone, not works.
The Christian loves and forgives freely, because they want to please El and take care of their fellow man, because you were loved and forgiven by God freely, not for fear of going to hell if they don’t.
I see Christianity, in its uncorrupted form as a very yin sort of spirituality, not a yang sort of religion, but the religious don’t get it.
According to the bible, man can do little-no good on his own, whatever good he does is mostly or fundamentally the holy spirit doing it through him, when his pride gets out of the way.
I also think the bible says genuine Christians can’t, and don’t need to be perfect.
The apostles themselves sinned many times, one of them even denied Jesus thrice.
So long as Christians remain in this body on this earth, perfection is impossible.

Right, the good deeds are an effect, not the cause of salvation.
If the Christian can’t see any genuine love and forgiveness in his fellow whatsoever, than they’re probably not saved, but Christians aren’t required to be perfect.