Jordan Peterson, as the Failure to Think

Strong minds are capable of docility, they love learning, the condition of learning is docility. To let the teaching use one’s mind as its toy. They don’t fear being indoctrinated or drowning in the rushing winds of thought. The struggle calls them and they, struggle’s respondents, learn what genuine education is. The outstanding thinker is not like the American multitude, the planetary technological “logical” debate, and its idiot mental scale, ego blather, and constant whimperings.

And so, then, your approach to others here is also docile and not prickly and beyond reproach as it seemed. Great. And you did not mean docile in relation to you, which is generally how the term is used, docile in relation to authority. but rather docile in relation to, her, text and the ideas in it. Great.

It used to be that one considered perception passive, like light directly going into the mind where on a screen we see the real world.
Now we know that perceptive is active, choosing to move here and there in the shift inputs, curious, checking, building actively from. Even perception, which is just a portion of learning, is very active and not docile.
Though in general, sure… One must allow oneself to be moved, not just react from history and habit, but to see where something takes you. To try it on. To see with it. To use it. Come back to it.
Collaborative - since one cannot suddenly make oneself a blank slate, though one can think one can - rather than submissive. Since it will be an interaction, even if one partner is silent.

I assume, just as some people are stupid, ergo, deserve the tag “stupid” (or, now “being” stupid at length and for some time, possibly correctable if pointed out), some are less knowledgeable. ERGO: I ASSUME: Truth is valuable. Further, that the more knowledgeable can see this. One might be mistaken, that is a possibility. Mistakes are, thereby: thought as TRUE.

[I don’t say “truth” in polemical context with Nihilism, but only in an intimidate sense of discourse. Truth: ergo, what is NOW, RIGHT NOW, THOUGHT as true.]

I agree. I’m using the word “docile” to be the answer to the question (in order to link to the older way of speaking and the tradtion): What is the condition of learning? On the assumption that, in some sense, passivity is the condition. Because, that is really the case for all experience. “Socratic method”, and such like, are, propagandized as “active”, of course. However, adduce a real case of learning something known by another.

The word “docile” has felt hard blows on its face. But, this is, at least largely, a prejudice to be overcome. Or, one could say: Actively willing to be docile.