ILP rules and the permaban of Lys?

Just creating an account over there/KTS holds the same analogy for us ILPers…they’re trying to get more traffic (again) over there aren’t they :icon-rolleyes:

I am a moderator, not anybody here’s child!

Perhaps KTS should work on the abuse they bestow upon their members, and not worry about our moderating processes here, but thank you for your concern.

Someone sounds cranky… The truth can often be difficult for children to swallow.

Even Erik isn’t banned at KTS. In fact, he’s back to being blue! But the abuse is almost too much to bear…

Trying to psychoanalyse me? Don’t bother, you’ll always be wrong :wink: and using one’s words against them is a futile hope that they’ll stick… futile being the operative word.

The rest of your post is not my concern, but that of KTS.

Drawn and quartered? See this is the shit I’m talking about. I mean that statement is just about as close to a flat out lie and one can be. You guys are all drama and no substance. That literally made me laugh out loud. Do you consider yourself an honest person? Silenced? The bastard has his own forum and runs it like the moderator of an aol chat room in the 90s. He’s literally the only one who gets to say anything, except people who are just saying the same thing as him.

You say you have a copy of a book of his that’s well written and philosophical?

I have to ask how many books you’ve ever read and what you’re basing that assessment off of.

Peter, can you ignore a person who’s sitting in front of your house blasting speakers all day?

yep, I just take out my hearing aid. I can’t hear a thing without it.

Seriously, ok, maybe not so seriously, I can ignore them. It is not hard. I don’t take anyone serious
and them banging the drum won’t get me to take them anymore serious. Just ignore those banging on drums.
After a while, you don’t even hear um.

Kropotkin

You are right, I did wax a little poetic because I take censorship and banning pretty seriously. A lie however is stretching it a bit and getting a bit overly dramatic and dishonest yourself, aye?

I speak just fine on KTS, and am rarely mocked and when I am, it’s usually because I said something stupid and was being called out on it so that I take a little deeper look at what I had said. I value that, just as I value you calling me out on my dramatic statement earlier. I am an honest person, but am occasionally rifted by my female hormones to be a little more Scarlett O’Hara than I meant to be. C’est la vie.

His book is a little difficult to read, as it was written many years ago but it is intelligently written and makes some good points and observations. I have read a great many books, and while it’s not among the best literature I have ever read, it certainly has it’s place and was a great introduction to differing ideas. As I’ve said, if you can set aside your subjective ideas of who he is, you might find what he is about more interesting that you think. I’d challenge you to try it, but most people just can’t do it. They are too tied up in their perceptions of who and not objective enough to read the what and have honest discourse about it. A thick skin might be necessary in the case of Satyr but the payoff is a more open mind, another facet to the great kalidescope we call thought.

Perpetualburn wrote:

I’m black and blue, and I cherish every bit of the abuse :wink:

I bet you do. You better get back over there. Don’t keep her waiting for you, Erik.

Don’t come crying back to us, you dirty, dirty man… you’ll deserve everything you get :violence-smack:

You people delude yourselves. It is no different on Know Thyself, to any other slave ideology. You are led by Satyr and he is acknowledged by the contributors as their authority. If one reads what is written on that forum, there are no differing values, beliefs or opinions. The content is really a system, of “comforting pats on the back”. There is no dissension, no controversy.

There is no evidence of original thought that deviates from Satyr’s view points, only repetitive nodding of heads, all in favor say Aye" and sometimes there is not even that, sometimes silence, heads bowed in reverence, like Lyssa, it always comes down to “Satyr” for her. Is that original thought?

It is indeed easier to be led by Satyr, than think for yourselves for some people.

“A man who does not think for himself does not think at all”.

Let’s get real, for a moment.

A middle aged man who thinks he is Hannibal! HA

“You fly back to school, now, little Starling”.

Says the Christian who has as her avatar a Viking character…Hell, you’re not even a good Christian the way you try to slander people.

Yes she is.

Mmmm

So saucy…

Want to be my online Domme? :evilfun: :wink:

Mo is here, everyone. Mo is here.
pant

You’re butchering the subject/object distinction here.

This is actually funny, and I never think you’re funny.

Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character, one example is Matthew 8:5-13.

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)

“There is no greater pillar of stability than a strong, free and educated woman,”…“And there is no more inspiring role model than a man who respects and cherishes women and champions their leadership.” -Angelina Jolie

Time for an Avatar change. :slight_smile:

You make a good observation, one of the aspects of the cartoon room we know as the Know Thyself forum is that there is never any argument or disagreement. I once saw what almost became a disagreement between Satyr and Lys… then Satyr says some nonsense and Lys heels at his side with an ‘OK’. And that was that. Now she was getting ready to drop a 14,956 word quote she doesn’t understand from some post-structural idiot to argue against something Satyr had said, and Satyr didn’t want that. The rule is, if there is going to be a 14,956 word quote of nonsense, it’s going to be his.

But this is okay because the forum functions as a single organism (like the borg) which attacks other forums. I could use a unit like this to assimilate other forums. They would be my dogs of war. After my conquest was achieved, they would be muzzled and caged again, until the next campaign.

There is something good in everything, level 2 druid/fighter chick and server of good mead. Everything is beautiful in its own way. This can only be recognized by the grand artist, myself.

(the only place I wouldn’t send them is Revleft or Philosophyforums, because they would be eaten alive)

p.s. you should upgrade that light leather armor to chitin. It’s just as light but has a higher armor class.

Shieldmaiden, is it true that you despise KT and Satyr because you’ve made sexual advances towards him, and he refused and so you called him a homosexual and a pedophile? Sounds like a very emotional, and, I daresay, rationally unjustified basis for hatred.

Zoot and all other cowards - iambiguous, aka, camus666 on KT, is there and challenging everything Satyr says. He has been restricted to dungeon for some time, but since some 3 days now, he is blue and can post in Agora. He has been criticizing the entire KT for what, 15, 16 pages now? I hear that people like Erik threatened Satyr’s family, and YET even HE is allowed there to say things like ‘niggers and vikings are really similar’

So dissent is definitely allowed, and somebody who spends his time on ILP, where people get banned due to ridiculous grey lines, should SHUT THE FUCK UP about lack of dissent and censorship, ILP is far more censoring.

It seems that the complaints about the lack of dissent on KT are almost entirely made by 1) people who, themselves, are not on KT, which makes them hypocrites and 2) people who have something personal against KT, and so they declare, taunt and mock from ILP, where Lyssa and Satyr can’t defend themselves anymore.

The entire situation screams of hypocrisy - people here spread lies about KT, and insult their members and put into question their integrity but not with evidence and reasoning, but mere declarations, and when Lys for example, comes to ILP to correct people and show them the actual philosophy that is on KT, she gets banned.
Like I said, I admittedly don’t know what happened in the past, but based on what is happening now, I assume that in the past there were always tensions between members and insults were thrown from both sides, but since KT members were in the minority and didn’t submit to the more popular, modern values, the mods decided that despite both sides throwing insults around, they will ban only the KT side.
Based on bullshit that is happening now, and is being spread by people completely ignorant of KT philosophy (which they should be fucking ashamed of, that after years and years they still don’t comprehend the basic aspects of it), I think I am completely justified making this assumption.