If knowledge is power...

You don’t have to but it’s there to prevent the twisting of definitions for words. It prevents basically what you’re trying to do right now.

It’s not a bible either, it’s not a holy tome or really authoritative.

So now you’re claiming that games are not “problems” or “intentionally intelligent stimuli”?

No I am claiming that the meaning of problems that I am saying here in this thread is not the same as what you’re saying.

As a game maker, it’s true, games are intentionally created problems and intentionally intellectual stimuli.

So I appreciate your participation in this thread. And I also assert that game making requires wisdom, and is not foolish, as you seemed to indicate earlier. Wisdom requires construction of problems equally as well deconstruction of problems.

It requires intelligence and creativity, i’d not say it is wisdom.

You have a different idea of problems than what I am saying.

Isn’t creativity the sign of wisdom?

It sounds far too clichéd not to have been said before but I think, ultimately, wisdom is in the eye of the beholder. A wise man knows he knows no more than Socrates.

Okay. I want you to imagine that you are in Guantanamo Bay.
Who?
You, Mister Socrates, you who know nothing. You are called before Judge Harry S. Corbius.
Where?
Guantanamo. You are asked your name.
Socrates.
Is your reply.
And? I’m sorry. Where are we?
America.
No! No! Cut. His theory’s out the window. The man knows his name.
Objection.
Objection? This is not a court of law, you know.
And certainly not America.
Socrates winks.
Ecmandu yawns. I’m leaving.
Socrates suggests that he may have been bored.
Ecmandu returns to say that he is leaving. He is bored.
Socrates decides to ask for a retrial.

worldroom.tamu.edu/workshops/com … tivity.pdf

Few would argue otherwise.

Few can argue all they want, but what is their argument without logical valid points? One can argue red is blue and blue is red, but without logical valid points it’s meaningless.

Sorry, I’m on vacation. I was being frivolous.

Maroon.

Wisdom is the RIGHT use of knowledge. One can have knowledge yet have no wisdom.

So you’re saying here that wisdom is experience - only if one grows in awareness through that experience.

You can have knowledge on how to use said knowledge, thus wisdom is knowledge. Because knowing how to use knowledge is also knowledge.

Also, we define what is right and wrong.

One can have intelligence, yet no wisdom/sagacity/common sense/reason.

It is similar to “It takes intelligence to know intelligence.” Well it takes knowledge to know how to apply knowledge.

Artimas, you’re wrong. Arcturus is right. Knowledge cannot be used through knowledge. Knowledge is only used through experience. Knowledge is purely abstract and theoretical. Without application, it is never apparent. Experience makes knowledge real.

Therefore, wisdom is the proper or most efficient use of knowledge, or the process of learning through the trials of applying knowledge to real life.

I’m with Arcturus, on this point.

Did you miss what was originally quoted?

Knowledge can be used through knowledge and I never said it didn’t lead back to experience. The application of knowledge in itself is knowledge to know how to apply it.

Wisdom is not merely knowledge, but also the will to use knowledge in a “wise” direction.

Experience does not mean a person knows how to use knowledge in a wise direction. A person can have 30 years of experience or 6 months of experience 60 times.

But doesn’t it take knowledge to know how to use knowledge in a wise direction?

Experience is not the same as knowledge. Knowledge learned in a school is only theoretical, impractical, abstract, and ideal. That’s not the same as “knowledge” gained by experience, which is ingrained, biological, instinctive, intuitive, and real. Real knowledge is a memory of the past, something you’ve done, an event you remember. Ideal knowledge is 1+1=2. You seem to be confusing the two, or simply don’t realize the difference. Children usually have no experiential, real knowledge. So children are never wise, as a result of this fact. Wisdom requires experience, real knowledge, not just ideal knowledge only.

Except children can be wise and you’re just stereotyping. If wisdom was experience or “real knowledge” as you put it then I expect every 60+ year old to be wise and rich with “real knowledge”. It isn’t the case because you don’t have to gain wisdom only through your own experience, it can be through others experience as well. Wisdom doesn’t require experience. It requires a drive to learn more, to be reasonable, logical, understanding and what not. You don’t have to experience anything as long as you have the drive to learn from what others experience around you. So no, it doesn’t require just experience.

That’s what almost every old being has to say. “Oh, you’re not wiser than me. I am 70 years old and you’re just 20.” Yeah, well if you don’t have the drive to learn more then your experience can be less than what that drive offers in just a few years.