Here we go with the friendly fire again...

I stated:

Mentat Monkey stated:

If you are trying to imply that the British should be more likely to have friendly fire incidents because there are more friendlies for them to hit, you are wrong. One American soldier has the chance of accidentally shooting 200,000 allies. Same with a British soldier. Whether that ally is from the same country or not is dependant upon whether or not the shooter is American or British. If you’re implying the British should be more likely to accidentality shoot Americans on accident, you’re right because there are more of them. Your statistic that the Americans have killed more British than the Iraqis is mainly a result of the Helicopter crash that killed 14 British troops. An American was flying.

I’m an American, and I understand why the rest of world seems to have a negative opinion of us. Regarding our proficiency as soldiers, who’s to say the friendly fire incidents are a result of statistics or poor training. Not me. I personally think it has alot to do with the fact that the U.S is using a lot of its reserve forces- people that only train one weekend a month. Our full-time soldiers are probably not making as many mistakes because they weren’t ‘rusty’ so to speak. I’m not sure whether the British have employed reservist type soldiers. If they haven’t it might be a reason why they seem better trained then some of our forces- because they are.