Haven't slept for more than two hours in last few days

Don’t know what that is, other that homos like Sauwelios play it, and so don’t care.

:sunglasses:

My ex used to play that, she was member of Anarchist Memes.
Seems like it draws Anarchy types.

I don’t consider anarchist memes to be real anarchy, it’s really the opposite of anarchy lol.

Elder Scrolls are one of those massive open-ended games where you just walk and walk and do absolutely nothing for most of the time, so yes, it is anarchist.

I agree.

I don’t identify cocksuckers with any political persuasion, they only care about ramming into themselves and suffocating on as much cock that is possible and will go with any political movwment out there if they think they can score some frieldly cock.

what troubles you? Is it the lack of sleep?
The Joker recommends whiskey, but i recommend a joint (made exclusively of weed, no tobacco).

Thanks that’s an interesting idea about the photos and maybe I’ll try and sort something out like that one day. I had a pretty good time in Yorkshire. Got the train to York then a bus to the campsite near Bridlington. Very basic ameneties, including a concrete shower block with no hot water but that’s all part of the experience I suppose. Visited the site of the ancient beacon at Flamborough Head as well as a modern lighthouse dating from the 17th century and an even more modern one a little further up. The whole headland is separated from the rest of the mainland by a linear earthwork called Dane’s Dyke, which despite its name is actually Neolithic. There are all sorts of other ancient sites around there too, such as henges, but some were too difficult to get to unfortunately. At Bridlington, a nearby seaside resort, there’s a surviving part of the old priory gatehouse with a museum inside. Outside on the floor by the door was a block of stone with some very weird symbols carved into it, one was like a distorted pentagram. It didn’t seem very old though, as it wasn’t worn down. Also went in the sea a bit and generally lazed on the beach.

Ask Tab about Gobekli Tepe. The Stonehenge design supposedly is a direct descendant from it, think he said his wife was amazed by the site.

As both a Christian and Historian, I’m certainly deeply attracted to it, carries a lot of the traits that parallels Genesis. I’m just waiting for them to discover mass sacrifice and cannibalism or some shit was widespread at the site to blow the romance of it.

Really does feel like the most rear Genesis point for the religious tradition. A lot of Judeo-Christian (not the Abrahamic religion bullshit) traditions can be found in older traditions dating back to that area to 9,000 BC, Gobekli Tepe seems to be the point just prior when man first was discovering how to build temples similar to Stonehenge and how to domesticate plants for agriculture. It is very eerie looking at.

Unless I know the era the pentagram comes from, or location, I can’t say if it had a religious intent or not. Not all pentagrams are linked to religious systems, it is a fairly simple geometric shape to develop.

I’ve heard of Gobekli Tepe, a very ancient site indeed. With carved animal figures including bulls if I remember rightly. The location of the pentagram, if that’s what it was, was at on the floor at a place called the Bayle Museum, Bridlington, which is the surviving gatehouse of the medieval priory.

If it is medieval in Englsnd they likely didn’t know what was up. Stone Masons didn’t turn occult till the Masonic Temples became vogue, and their occultism is honestly rather… lame.

Prior to that, outside alchemy, I don’t really know of any real medieval systems. I very much doubt this comes from the dark ages. I’ll see what I can drag up on the net.

The stone was rectangular and situated on the ground by the door to the gift shop at the museum. It didn’t feel old though, particiularly.

I can’t find it, found a monk manniquin taking a shit in a latrine.

A lot of the magic symbolism only took place after the introduction of algebraic constructions in Europe. There was a lot of effort in trying to make sense of the mechanical arts, but our most basic mathematical arthimatic symbology wasn’t introduced until centuries later… so people pilfred alchemical symbols.

A lot of early alchemucal texts used the symbols to explain phenomena that was visual or written. Take the Voynich manuscript as a example… words and symbols underline the visual data, part by part. Is it descriptive or prescriptive, hard to always know, as it is in code… but these are late medieval examples. Farther back you go, lamer it gets. Not till you get to Romano-Arab or Romano-Byzantine texts, and earlier to the 5th century, you see it become vibrant.

But there were a lot of british mercenaries working in Constantinople, so it isn’t implausible a few took this sorta stuff up in their spare time. I just don’t see much evidence of it.

Most of the time, geometry will be just geometry, or a construction linking intellectual concepts together. I’ve rarely have come a crossed advanced systems from antiquity, outside of known mystery cult systems. It does happen on occasion someone will discover a city grid, or even larger goes by such images on a macro scale, Washington DC likely does, Nazca Lines do, some Roman and Greek areas do, even linking communities together. There was a popular theory the Pyrimids in Egypt, and the Pyrimids in Chins did, but this was partially debunked. Stoics and the Cult of Mithras seemed obsessed with this at times. You would think the pythagoreans would be more into it… but of course their Italian cities are in ruins, still abandoned, hard to tell.

Haha yes I remember that monk. Had no idea what it was at first.

There were a lot of other symbols on the stone too, which are difficult to describe. One had a central line with others coming off it at angles. Others were curved, comprising circles or parts of circles.

That whole area is full of ancient sites so I wouldn’t be surprised to find alignments between them.

English language geometric understanding sits in L words.

Lay, Lee, Larboard… there are all geometric directions from a fixed solid point, within a larger matrix. I can’t trace them earlier than the 9th century AD, given their linguistic similarities, it suggests one philosopher went all Theophrastus and developed his own theory of weather to geometry… how dynamic and static perspective mingles.

Whoever it is, was… long gone. They carved a lot of meaning by juxtapositioning a utility to a site against a dynamic field. I’m sure it revolutionalized the military arts and construct of new communities, but it happened in a illiterate era. In my wildest dreams it would be someone discovering Frontinius’ engineering works in England, and culling the concepts from him. Severely doubt it though.

Geometry isn’t always obvious, rule base doesn’t have to match modern presumptions of Dot, Line, Angle, 3D form. The british system used a Static-Dymamic perspectivism for relative locations. Could they figure out the circumference of a circle? Doubt it. But they could do other stuff, like chart and describe a complex terrain relativistically.

Even up till Ramon Lull, trigonometry was not advanced enough to go fully geometric, both systems and guessimation was preserved in navigating the seas.

Figuring out the ratio of a circumference of a circle to its radius and diameter is very easy, a technique used by all the stone circle builders. Stick a pole in the ground and put a loop of rope round it. Stretch the loop till it is taught, then draw a circle.

That’s great. How well does this work in calculating yields of grain for taxation?

Yeah… that’s the original issue with π, back in Egyptian times. You can get away with rope techniques when the yield is low, but that can be deceiving when it is large, and your assigning bushels to long term storage for famine (Joshep and the coat of many colors) as well as paying wages to administrators, and setting a grain to gold and silver exchange rate for trade.

The rope has to be exactlingly regulated, and farmers get clever after a while and learn how to make it seem more or less, as well as the tax collectors.

If your building with monolithic stone slabs, not hard. If your building something like the pantheon’s dome roof, harder.

I’ve had a nightmare just trying to get a radius establish, the Pythagorean Table of Opposites run amok when I try to do it. I don’t think we’ve really proven π is irrational if we haven’t fully explained the varient calculations that result form different kinds of diameters possible. I’m not as accepting of Zenodorus’ definition of a circle anymore.

What you are recommending TF, anand, is a big fat spliff.

:smiley:

Just out of curiosity, Turd: Have you tried prayer?

Prayer? What about faith in one’s-self? as that concept will only work if a person believes in prayer/in a religion.