Emotional Energy

I’m suggesting achieving perfect harmony … perfect wholeness … is illusive. The built in contradictions continuously disrupt efforts to achieve such harmony.

Along our life’s journey we regularly come to a fork in the road … choosing one path over another (M B or S) … renders the paths we didn’t choose … no longer an option. Not to worry … another fork in the road with all 3 options will appear again … and again … and again.

IMO all components of your trinity (MB&S) are regularly sacrificed at the altar of money.

For some people … eventually conscience trumps money … those people who attempt dominance of S … M & B take a back seat … don’t disappear.

Ierr,

Thanks for responding. Had never thought or felt the soul being a trinity of M,B,S. To me soul has been only mind and body. For example, my soul body is approximately 1 foot wide starting at the eye’s down to just below the breastbone. The depth, I couldn’t state with any confidence. A guesstimate would be 5". And my soul’s mind is nothing like my human mind. I’m really wondering how you view the soul’s spirit?

Amor,

A metaphysical epicentre or soul, yes. Human beings have a nearly impossible time of acknowledging abnormalities, catching and processing the extraordinary which isn’t even that extraordinary half the time. The mechanics of science are inferior to various realities, planes, dimensions(whatever it’s called). This plane of existence is emotion driven, but not pure emotions. Basically a watered down version of the garden variety. The real juice is in the pure emotional planes. :smiley:

Mens sano in corpore sano is not the complete picture of wholeness (holiness). What is a soul’s mind? We express soul through our minds.

The M,B,S trinity is an ideal-- contra-Plato, who saw body as a prison and deified mind. The body as prison for the soul became a Christian tenet, and has caused much body hatred, even to the point of self-mutilation by some saints, throughout the history of Christianity. But. without body, there would be no individual mind or spirit.

Saints are feminine, and therefore guilt trip over things, mutilation causes an emotional release and the guilt to go away, so it makes sense. What puzzles me about modern women, is they seem to not feel guilt over things, yet act feminine in other regards. It is as Nicholai Tesla said, concerning women and societal affairs, the future will be a cruel place indeed.

M,B,S may not be an ideal … may be a practical description of the essence of a human being.

When did the ritual of fasting start? … long before Plato … no?

What is the purpose of fasting?

Seems to me it is an attempt to subdue the influence of B & M … subdue … not punish … to create better conditions for the S to emerge in our consciousness.

IMO … B M & S are in a constant struggle for dominance … whether we acknowledge it or not.

For example:

hand is body and mind is mind … the hand remains motionless without a command from the mind … the time between the command and the execution of the command is so short we are unable to measure it.

yet the mind commands itself and it finds resistance … go figure!

Emotional energy–the fuel of our M, B, S, endeavors. Are we to say that any one aspect of the human psyche needs to be diminished so that another can flourish? Is there not enough energy to go around?
We in the West have undergone, since the Enlightenment, centuries of mental dominance. The 20th century, for example, produced, along with the mental accomplishments of splitting the atom and splicing the gene, the most bloody wars yet conceived. Spirit is fading in the East due to Western influences.
B,M,S, aspects are interdependent, interactive. Must they always be at odds with each other?
Do we mistake focus for dominance?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_of_the_flesh.
Such mortifications, as is true of certain drugs, put the mind in surreal places. Teresa of Avila liked to go there. But are these states of mind to be preferred? Any torture of the body affects the mind. Paul speaks often of chastising his body in ordered to further the body of the church. This seems to contradict the notion that the body is the temple of a living God.

Copious empirical evidence seems to point in that direction. Monasteries, convents, temples, ashrams etc exist to facilitate the diminish/flourish duality you mention.

What’s behind the growing popularity of meditation/yoga/tai chi etc?

too much energy may be more the issue here … channeling/harnessing is the challenge.

inclined to agree … not necessarily a bad thing though … perhaps we need to experience the absence/decline of Spirit to appreciate its value.

again copious empirical evidence suggests so. The contradictions seem to be intrinsic … overlapping … at least in the case of M & S.

modern science/medicine/psychology knows a lot about B … a little about M … nothing about S … lots of conjecture but no absolute knowledge. Perhaps S is simply the part we don’t know about M … which may help explain the contradictions.

semantics ??? when the mind commands itself to execute certain commands … it meets resistance? Why?

the Christian ‘mortification’ practices are relatively new … post JC … there is much earlier evidence of similar practices … at least the goal/objective was similar … from your wiki url

maybe not … isn’t there a place in the “Jewish Temple” where the “Holy of Holys” resides … an area of the temple forbidden to all but one.

Our body being the temple of a living God may be an accurate description given the above. Access to this “Holy of Holys” place … within our body … is not easy???

We are, M,B,S. So we must be careful that the focus on a single aspect of our psyches does not diminish the effectiveness of the others. So long as there is division among these aspects, there will be wars. According to NT James–where do the wars come from? They are evidence that external wars come from internal wars.
Body hatred is often mind poison. Spirit as dominant often neglects the world in which we live. Mind dominance assumes that how we see the world is how it must be.
Thus I proposed that an equality of aspects of our M,B,S trinity is an ideal–something to work toward.

A noble pursuit … perhaps your prescience is keener than most. Perhaps human consciousness is on the cusp of a major shift … a shift that will deliver what Krishnamurti prophesied … a revolution of the mind.

One could hope so. I’m personally too messed up physically and mentally to offer more than a hope about how things could be. I can still see beyond where I am. If I can see it, others can get there.
Do a search “the human trinity–mind, body and spirit” for a stack of references to what I’m trying to express here.

Ierrullus … often infirmity(s) is the price to be paid for deeper insights into the human condition and life. Perhaps the mortification of the body you so dislike is linked to this phenomenon.

The words you employ to describe something mysterious have an intuitive ring … I no longer have a need to try to know something unknowable.

As long as we use “love” as our compass we cannot go too far astray.

Read this sentence this morning … seems relevant …

“We owe: our lives are not just our own. There is a transpersonal agenda that is larger than our own private needs, ambitions, loves and wounds. We have duties as well as rights.”

Both the body and the spirit inform the mind, which is how we see reality in this age. Mind is our current eyes.
About the MBS future, I’m reminded of MLK who said , "I have seen the promised land (this land of America as how it could be.).I may not get there, but. . . "
Insert mine, for clarity.

Maniacal Mongoose

Perhaps we could convert that to 'experiential planes; if we consider that base chemicals change your emotions, hence they are very earthly things. Consider how many affecting things of the world denote ones emotional content, then remove the world & you got something else occurring which is not the same as earthly emotions.

Amor,

Experiential! True. :-k Sounds scientific too, I like that.

What is the common denominator at the very end of every experience?

Can anyone be rid of the I in order to find the roots of experience?

Rid of I (Eye) No local 3d projection. Refers to a projection of 3D space which does not converge onto a focal point, but is rather projected on to a plane, or a cylinder or depthfilledsphere. Debate if perception of this non convergate projection is possible, or if Time itself would act as the medium which converges it all into one point, making the infinite merely a dimensional hyperplane.

Could be, that the ray convergence is in inherent, and that is why consciousness is located on Earth, as Earth is predicted to be the center of the universe due to background radiation analysis results.

Truly, this point, it is not a zero point, as this point contains 7 megapixels of information, and is therefore, simply a compressed mirror of space.