Do you feel a 'presence' ?

You’re right! But you misunderstood the gist of what I was saying. I was trying to say that, let’s say I make a mistake A, if I learn from it right after, then the circumstances won’t arise where I can implement this learning. And if I don’t learn from it and keep repeating it, then the circumstances are obviously there but they will disappear, as soon as I learn from my mistake. So you see, NO ONE really learns from their mistakes either. Now if you’re going to take an example of getting physically burnt at the stove and learning, that’s too small a thing, I was talking about big things like getting burnt in a relationship and learning from that, etc. Hehehe! That’s funny, your stove and burn example. Anyways! The point is that you’re right in what you say, but that’s NOT the context I was considering.

i can only feel a presence like i can feel is someone is coming behind me or if someone is getting close to coming behind me, but nothing like that. i don’t know about all of that.

There’s a few things wrong with that. First off let’s start with your assumption that spirits behave like human beings. That may be true in some cases, but certainly not in all cases. Many tribal cultures believe in guardian spirits which watch over family members of the living constantly. The second assumption you made is that a spirit can only do one thing at a time. If you’ve ever been to the spirit realm you know this to not be true. One thing at a time makes less sense there. Events seem to happen on top of each other, or all at the same time. Time itself is elastic and stretchable. Five minutes in the spirit realm can seem like years. Another assumption that you made was that reason and logic are primary to the spirit realm. They aren’t, or at least apply much less to the spirit realm then to the physical dimensions. The final assumption that you made is that the feeling of a presence in the room only applies to one presence. There are more spirits in the spirit realm then there are people in the physical realm. It is quite possible at any time that there might not only be a spiritual presence in the room with you, but an unfamiliar spiritual presence that you have never been in contact with before.

As much as it pains me to quote from twelve step programs, I feel it necessary in this case. “The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different outcome.”

If you make mistake A, and you learn from it, that doesn’t mean the circumstances won’t arise again, it just means you won’t repeat the same bad decision. And if the mistake was what caused the circumstance, as I’m betting you’re going to reply with, if you do not get into that situation again, then you have learned from the mistake.

Take, for example, a woman goes to a bar in a bad part of a city. She wears a very tight and revealing outfit, and she is later attacked in the parking lot. That woman could then decide to A, not visit the bar again, therefore preventing the circumstance from being a problem, or B, visit the bar again, but this time in less revealing clothing and possibly bring a taser or mace with her.

–Kissa

The best way to get rid of any presence is to ignore it. I have no idea of the rest of what you were talking about…

wow… that is opposite of my beliefs. Your ego is the most mundane part of your existance. There is no way it could detect something extra sensory. Secondly, the ego consists of memory. In order for the ego to need or want you to be the center of the world, you would have to specifically remember yourself needing to believe that you are the center of the world. Unconscious thought processes have little or nothing to do with the ego.

Well, as I just explained it CAN’T be built on egoism logically, so it is built upon unconscious thought processes which have extra perceptive powers. So the most obvious answer is that there is some undetectable presence in the room…

I have witnessed supernatural events before. So has science for that matter. People can disbelieve in them all they want. That won’t make them any less real. This whole skeptisism of anything undetectable by human senses is folly anyway.

As for the God and Devil thing, I am a firm believer in pantheism, so according to my beliefs everything is one thing, and that thing is God. Same goes with the thoughts of skitzophrenics, or thoughts period. They are all God’s thoughts. I do, however, have a different explaination for seemingly “good or bad” supernatural events. There are good and bad supernatural entities. In Buddhism they call these The Gods, and The Jealous God’s. The Jealous Gods can be manipulative and dangerous.

I would like to read those… what address?

They’re history now! Man! The research I did on that issue, wow! If I list the no. of sites I visited for my research, you’d faint! Anyways, I’ll probably put up my site again as soon as I’m a little more comfortable with the internet and have the use of my own credit cards back. It’s not fair when we have cash or cheques then why we can’t use them as well. To me that’s wrong to say that the most respected and honoured and used way of dealing with money is outdated on the internet just because there is plastic money circulating now. That’s like saying throw Newton out 'cause we have Einstein now. Oh! No! That’s not the way it goes. I’m just sulking :frowning:

Spirts and realms… whew yeah thats deep stuff, but anyway I would say that the "presence you possibly could be encountering is whatever you want it to be. If you believe you are haunted by ghost(spirits whatever you wanna call them) then you will be. Arent we all slaves to our own reality. Whatever you percieve to be true will… and i can guarantee that. The next time you feel this presence, if you percieve that someone is with you from another realm, maybe you should get at that crossing over cat.

Believe what you will, and violá.

Perception is an integral part of reality… You can ask any physicist about that.