Diversity includes equal representation of the ignorant?

That makes sense, but I’m a bad judge for lack of paying attention in those days. After the Patriot Act, I stuck my head in the sand to save being pissed off all the time like I am now lol.

Are you sure?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az8bwpkpcNs[/youtube]

[i]Democrats have refused to listen to the border agents and they say this is a “manufactured crisis”. That’s their new soundbite all over. I turned the television, you know, I call it “the opposition party”, it’s called “the fake news media”, and what happens is every every network has “manufactured crisis, this is a man…” every one of them… it’s like, they, you know, send out to everybody “let’s use this soundbite today” so it’s a manufa…, but it’s not. What is manufactured is the use of the word manufactured, it’s manufactured by them: every single of the negatives, but they’re not winning because it’s common sense, it’s common sense.

They say a wall is medieval. Well so is a wheel. A wheel is older than a wall and I looked at every single car out there, even the really expensive ones that the Secret Service uses, and believe me, they are expensive! I said “do they all have wheels?” Yes, oh I thought it was medieval. The wheel is older than the wall. You know that? And there are some things at work, you know what, a wheel works and a wall works. Nothing like a wall![/i]

Yes, walls work so well that’s why Reagan said, “Mr. Gorbachev please build more walls, because wheels are older than walls and therefore walls work! (And if you need concrete, I know this Italian fella in NY)”

The only genius of Trump that I can see is he singlehandedly caused the extinction of the republican party. Whether it will stay extinct this time or erupt again like the herpes virus it is, remains to be seen.

The next time the left controls all 3 bodies of government, they need to amend the constitution prohibiting trickle-down supply-side econonsense from every plaguing humanity again.

I’m sure I don’t know what he’s up to. I never said Trump was a genius. There’s a lot of swing room between Bu and genius.

Oh I know. I forgot to say that it’s sometimes difficult to tell the difference in genius and stupidity and for a while I thought Trump was a genius in some way, but that was a superficial observation.

I remember factory workers telling stories of college guys coming in with their fancy numbers and telling everyone how things should be done, so they say these college guys have book smarts, but no common sense (putting others down as a way to build themselves up). If by “common sense” they mean “experience actually working”, then I agree, but I think it’s deeper than that. I think they’ve deified ignorance as either being an attribute or prerequisite of common sense (probably as a way to feel superior).

Note that Trump appealed to common sense, twice.

It’s common sense that the wheels are older than walls.
It’s common sense that if wheels work, and are older than walls, then walls work.

Just like it’s common sense that witches float because they’re made of wood.

That’s why common sense is common :wink:

Common sense is what’s readily apparent to even the dumbest person, so it should be common sense that the earth is flat because: look around! But then these idiots come along with their fancy numbers and rockets and fooled themselves into thinking the earth is round and are indoctrinating our kids with their liberal bs. If the earth were round, then why don’t people fall off the bottom???

If people came from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys? It’s common sense! :smiley:

HIs campaign was very canny. That doesn’t mean it was him, but it seems like it was. One can be a genius in certain areas. It was genius not to worry at all about contradicting himself. To campaign in places like infowars online. To shock and change and shock in a different way. He broke a lot of rules and it worked. That was very smart. Not good, and perhaps the work of some of his staff, who knows.

That’s a good point! But is that anything he actually devised? I think that campaign strategy kinda fell in his lap. Trump has a knack for dumb luck. He didn’t intend to run for president and he didn’t expect to win. He’s just mindlessly bumbling along and falling into luck (kinda argues for Taoism lol)

Michael Moore claims Trump ran for president because of Gwen Stefani usatoday.com/story/life/ent … 210403002/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNoo5-y6V_M[/youtube]

As I said, I don’t know. Though frankly, I think he had a big hand in it. I mean, it suits his temperment so well. Further, I doubt any of the other candidates or past candidates would have dared. He broke basic conventions of communication. He did not pretend to be honest, not that he ever admitted he lied, but there is a big difference. It’s not like ‘oh, he got caught contradicting himself’, he ran around joyfully contradicting himself. He was openly Machievellian. I don’t think Bush 2 would even have understood the strategy. Bush 1 would have hated it. Clinton was smart enough to do it, but as a liar, like the Bushes, to openly lie would likely have made him uncomfortable. Noble or ‘noble’ independents like Ross Perot or Ralph Nader, would have been way too priggish to even consider it. So far, Trump has not actually changed much in terms of concrete foreign policy, legislation, walls, but he has changed the way politicians can talk - not sure if they will - forever.

I think he intended to run for president. It cost him money and time, and time is money. He wanted it.

That’s true, but I think Bernie would have also broken traditions as Ocasio currently kinda is.

In 2015 I watched him tell Anderson Cooper that he doesn’t ask god for forgiveness because he doesn’t make mistakes. Coming from a church background, I figured he just pissed off the religious right, but as Trump said, “I could stand in the street and shoot someone and not lose a fan.”

The things is, he’s not aware that he’s contradicting himself, so it can’t be a plan. He just has dumb luck. His aides fuck with him by adding zeros to 10s to make him say stupid things like “employment hasn’t been this high in 100 years.”

Yes I agree.

Depends if politicians want to pander to idiots or intelligentsia. The way to cater to idiots is to piss smart people off by doing everything wrong like the kid in the back of the class aggravating the teacher and making the class laugh. So Trump has a free ticket to do anything he wants, so long as it pisses off educated people, and about the only mistake he could make is doing something right because that would be boring.

I’m not sure he spent one nickel. His air time was free and the rest paid for by contributions. It was just meant to be a publicity stunt.

[i]Wolff wrote that Don Jr. said his father “looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears—and not of joy.” Steve Bannon, who helped run the Trump campaign and helped Trump’s team through the transition, said he saw Trump morph from “a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump.”

Trump’s longtime friend and former head of Fox News Roger Ailes used to say “if you want a career in television, first run for president.” And that’s just what Trump did, with plans to start a news network and become “the most famous man in the world.”[/i] newsweek.com/mike-pence-don … ent-769701

I don’t blame him. Who would want to be president? He just wanted to run so he could get more fans. I think actually becoming president was the worst thing that could happen to him because now his name is mud.