Did the universe just appear or is there a Creator?

Can’t be an accident, as unfortunate as it is, consciousness cannot not exist. If this universe is gone another one has an infinite amount of time to spring up and replace it, I’m sorry to say.

Given the billions of stars with planets, the evolution of sentient beings from basic chemical elements has probably already occurred.

Consciousness indeed can be accidental especially if you see the random bumbling around of humanity throughout history that has forged consciousness in terms of historicism.

You’re saying that homo sapiens exist elsewhere? Would you agree that if homo sapiens do, ILP will exist thousands of times elsewhere, as will Facebook, and actors auditioning for movies (like Neve Campbell for Scream in 1996)?

An accident requires existent factors to combine through the third party and not their own volition. For creation to be an accident, there must first be something there which are necessarily non-accidental.

Ergo, creation = a non-accident.

there cannot be cause without that being or having potential for the given effect.

You mean that the creator needs to be something which exists because of outside force? The outside force forces the creator force to create, and that’s the only way for creation to exist? If that’s the case, the outside force is the problem of duplication - where does its ability derive from?

No. DNA could form into sentient beings you would not consider human. If it did make humans, that does not indicate that they would be the same as us in any respect.

You’re saying that homo sapiens exist elsewhere? Would you agree that if homo sapiens do, ILP will exist thousands of times elsewhere, as will Facebook, and actors auditioning for movies (like Neve Campbell for Scream in 1996)?
[/quote]
No. DNA could form into sentient beings you would not consider human. If it did make humans, that does not indicate that they would be the same as us in any respect.
[/quote]
How would they not be the same, especially given the size of the universe? I’m certain that LA will be replicated many times in the universe, as will WWE, and homo sapiens thinking about art.
And even review embargoes: the amount of time to pass before reviews of a blockbuster can be released - surely life will have this elsewhere?

[/quote]
How would they not be the same, especially given the size of the universe? I’m certain that LA will be replicated many times in the universe, as will WWE, and homo sapiens thinking about art.
And even review embargoes: the amount of time to pass before reviews of a blockbuster can be released - surely life will have this elsewhere?
[/quote]
You fail to understand me. On another planet DNA could have constructed a sentient lizard.

[/quote]
You fail to understand me. On another planet DNA could have constructed a sentient lizard.
[/quote]
I recognise that not all life elsewhere will be the same, I’m just arguing that rationally life on Earth will be replicated up to tens of thousands of times.
If lizards are sentient like humans elsewhere, could it be possible that they have review embargoes, or legal contracts, or television?

DNA produced sentient beings on this planet as water evolved from primal elements. That humans became the sentient beings on this planet is due to fortuity, not determinism. Of course this could happen on other planets, but there is no guarantee that it would or could. It’s limited thinking to believe we humans are the final end of evolution.

I don’t subscribe to any such theory. I’m more than happy to believe that homo sapiens are merely more of the same, destined to be surpassed; but what about the point to do with lizards…
If lizards are sentient elsewhere, is it practical that like homo sapiens they could have news media, and movie franchises, and queries to literary agents?

Does enough newsworthy stuff happen in the lizard world to warrant them establishing their own news media?

I don’t know. Homo sapiens have sports, and things like FTSE 100, and news pertaining to anniversary’s (war, cultural traditions etc), and award ceremonies, and political inquiry’s (the Chilcot report); is it possible that these things pertain to more advanced lizards elsewhere in the universe?

If lizards had the potential to achieve all these things, don’t you think the ones we’ve got here on Earth would have shown a bit more initiative?

Is it likely then that off of this planet, lizards nowhere have achieved any of these things?

I don’t know. I just think that if lizards had an aptitude for sport and politics and establishing companies comparable to those listed on the FTSE 100 they would have shown some sign of it. What reason do you have to think that their achievements are any greater elsewhere in the Universe?

I don’t. But the issue of sentience was raised earlier, and it intrigued me to think that Earth’s history is replicated thousands of times elsewhere. I accept 50/50 chance lizards elsewhere imitate homo sapiens on Earth.

I suppose it’s possible but I do have some difficulty envisaging it. Take politics for example: Can you imagine, taking seriously, a senior politition delivering an important speech with his tongue sporadically darting out to catch flies?

True. But an interesting way to look at the issue is if that’s the case, are these lizards of the mind-set that they’re not what they’re supposed to be: assuming politics, sport and culture are all “normal”, and that lizards on other planets have achieved those states, are they of the frame of mind that they’re a violation, and that other types of life forms (humanoids) are not. Homo sapiens are able to perceive speech as inherently belonging to the humanoid, and find difficulty in imagining the same reality being reflected at other types of life form - but is this state relative?

I myself think that nature always finds a way to achieve balance, which is to say that even if there are lizard-like creatures behaving identical to homo sapiens on Earth (including movie premieres, and senate hearings, and parents evenings at schools), the reality relative to them will make their behaviour seem normal (though I wonder greatly if these lizards, assuming they exist, would feel completely bizarre unto themselves once being aware of their being reflected by homo sapiens).