Cultural violence: tradition or modernity

Alright, it’s a go. I’ll make the thread tonight, and we’ll say tomorrow at 11:59 pm for the openning deadline. I’ll flip a coin when I make the thread about who gets first rebuttal.

Anyone saying they’re dumb is ignorant and uneducated. Theres a difference between dumb and violent. And if you think they’re peaceful, you need to hit the books again, harder. Or at least this debate between wonderer and I once it gets going.

I don’t believe in peace or freedom. So all of that is a mute point for me. [-X

Peace and freedom are concepts that don’t exist to me.

( Perhaps wonderer could use that in his debate.) :-k

So when you say that today’s era is more peaceful Cyrene than the paleo-lithic age for instance that to me is like saying that one color of red is somehow more red than another shade of red in comparison. ( Doesn’t make sense.)

That is an odd statement to make. Surely one thing can be heavier than another, a thing can be lighter than another object? right? We’re talking about comparing states here. All shades of red are as red as each other, because by definition we define them as ‘red’ we could talk about how shades of red are closer to orange, or pink, or whatever.

We’re a go. Let me know if anyone has trouble posting to the forum.

here is one of the videos i think you guys should watch as i will be using it for a case study.

veoh.com/videos/v6276043nrhf … Watch=true

I may have a max of 2 more videos.

even if you don’t think you have the time, they are at least very entertaniing and interesting.

tap tap tap Is this thing on?

I’ll admit ignorance about the details, but WTF is going on? I haven’t heard what, where, or when…

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=165421

Cyrene and Wonder,

Do you want us to judge as a group and just post the results or do you want us to vote individually and explain why?

It doesn;t matter, maybe take into account that cyrene responded to my closing post (something he wasn;t suppose to do i think)

The way I read it, it was supposed to be 3 posts each. Cyrene has three and you have 2.5 since you posted, but not as a closing post. Cyrene did respond to your rebuttal somewhat in his closing, but I don’t see anywhere where you agreed not to.

no matter… cast your vote whenever…

i thought i was supposed to be one opening post, on critique of the opponents opening post, and then one rebuttal to the oponents critique of your opening post…

In any case, we’re done.