Animal protection is the most noble cause

So are you crusading for prison reform or does it not matter that much?

Both.

Why are you crusading if it doesn’t matter that much?

Just to stay in practice.

If it doesn’t matter, then why stay in practice?

In case one day it does.

And what could make it matter?

There’s no way of ever knowing.

Has it ever mattered?

Again, no way of ever knowing. But probably. I mean, over a long enough period of time, anything that’s possible becomes increasingly probable.

Well, he’s heard of you: youtu.be/exL51n3py6g :wink:

What makes the importance of crusading probable? If it’s not important today, then what would make it important in the future?

There’s no way of ever knowing.

Has crusading ever been important?

No way of ever knowing.

How do you know there is no way of knowing?

It’s just a foundational assumption that I have to make in order to categorize things so that they make sense at all. I’m open to any theory on how I could or could not actually know that.

Finally someone says this kind of thing. Great.

Yes but you’re going out of your way “crusading” on the premise that there is no way to know if such action could be, or ever has been, justified. Why go out of your way to hone skills that you can’t tell have ever been required? And if you can’t tell if such tools were required when looking back, how could you possibly recognize their use in the future? Or even discern the probability of such usage in order to justify staying in practice.

And “there’s no way to know” doesn’t mean “Hell if I know man coz I’m too stoned to think about it”, but it’s the assertion that there is no possible way to know. How do you know that there is no possible way to know?

There’s also no way to not know it. So I mean, you gotta do something besides just sit there all the time and stare at the wall. Any a lot of things that anyone might do could be construed in one context or another as crusading of one kind or another. I guess you’re asking essentially, “why bother?”, and my response would be, “why not?”