A point of constitutional philosophy: implicit protections.

You can yell “Constitution! Constitution! Constitution!” all you want.

States, and the Feds, will never allow teenagers and children to hold or use Narcotics, etc. They do not have a “Right” to them, for whatever purpose they deem fit.

That is “Sanity”, common sense, not insanity as you called it. You’re out-of-touch.

You should listen to Phone, by the way.

A compendium of sentences and paragraphs are rarely a good approach to philosophical conversation, compared to a few, finely honed and sharpened points.

Say more with less.

"You can yell “Constitution! Constitution! Constitution!” all you want.

States, and the Feds, will never allow teenagers and children to hold or use Narcotics, etc. They do not have a “Right” to them, for whatever purpose they deem fit."

Alright well, I’m not yelling it, I am framing an argument with actual citations from the relevant documents and I have at no point argued that I think underage people should be allowed to buy and use drugs, only that their use is an implicit right and that the commerce clause does not grant the government the ability to, at the federal-level, criminalize the use of narcotics in terms of personally harvesting them or possession,- only to control their transaction across state lines, and that keeping them, for example, out of the hands of young people, is simply a matter of state-level, internal regulation, (as opposed to federal-level) as per the two articles from the Bill of Rights I quoted. So again, you have repeatedly demonstrated a failure to understand what I am saying, even when I do what you suggest and just, write less.

“A compendium of sentences and paragraphs are rarely a good approach to philosophical conversation, compared to a few, finely honed and sharpened points. Say more with less.”

Well I have both finely honed sentences and long explications and lengthy pieces because you kind of need both, especially when discussing a very complicated subject as I am attempting to do with you. I’m not any more verbose than the writers I admire, plus like I said: nothing about my verbosity or paragraph length is atypical as far as the world of academia goes, in which I already found publishers who would take me. I was really into one of them in particular but they wanted me to reformat this, it was about a 20 page piece, removing any internal references it made to the other ten volumes of philosophy of which it was a part, so that it could be published as its own separate thing by them in a compendium, with me then not being able to re-use it when I finally do complete my actual projected 10-volume text, so that was a no go. But perhaps it is too much for, as I believe Prometh said, “a layman’s forum.” But then again: I am here to help make this something more than a “layman’s forum.” I want to see this place start churning out its own real contributions to the academic world; I want to see more from this place; I want a new Eleusis; a new tradition of living philosophy capable of challenging the whole of academia and all its political conventions, which have been eroding it more and more from the inside out.

Reposting for readability.

I bet your 10 volumes would actually be 4, if you knew how to write properly.

If you mean write dumber, yeah.

I’m not any more verbose than the writers I admire, plus like I said: nothing about my verbosity or paragraph length is atypical as far as the world of academia goes, in which I already found publishers who would take me. I was really into one of them in particular but they wanted me to reformat this, it was about a 20 page piece, removing any internal references it made to the other ten volumes of philosophy of which it was a part, so that it could be published as its own separate thing by them in a compendium, with me then not being able to re-use it when I finally do complete my actual projected 10-volume text, so that was a no go. But perhaps it is too much for, as I believe Prometh said, “a layman’s forum.” But then again: I am here to help make this something more than a “layman’s forum.” I want to see this place start churning out its own real contributions to the academic world; I want to see more from this place; I want a new Eleusis; a new tradition of living philosophy capable of challenging the whole of academia and all its political conventions, which have been eroding it more and more from the inside out.
----

Children do not have a Federal Legal Right to narcotics, despite your implications otherwise.

You’re missing the point, of Individual Rights. Could you, hypothetically kill yourself through overdose in the privacy of your home, according to the US Constitution and Supreme Court? Probably, yes. Can you possess, transport, trade, and distribute Narcotics to teenagers, in any State, or throughout the Federal territory of the United States? Certainly, not.

It’s not “insanity”. It’s common sense.

Furthermore, metaphysical interpretations as to what any individual has ‘Right’ to, is open for wide, wide-open debates.

You see, Parodites, I keep trying to build rapport with you, but you continue to call me stupid, as if you knew me.

I’m not going to stoop down to the level of telling you how many languages I speak or how many books a day I read. This shit is beneath me.

Here’s a last attempt. You address me with respect and take my posts for whatever value they my have without alluding to anything about me, and I do the same.

Or I’ll join you in the drivel.

Oh, you’re not gonna stoop? I didn’t say how many languages I knew, just that foreign languages (and philology) was one of the subjects I had studied in my exile. But since you are projecting: it’s ten, now. Learning Latin first made the Romance tongues a breeze, at least compared to Homeric Greek. And I indicated the extent of my reading because you felt the need to tell us about how much time you spend coding: I even said, it is nice that you’re into that this much, well I am into this that much. And since you implied more, that this was an inappropriate, monolithic style, I felt the need to assure you that in the academic world, it really isn’t very unusual, especially with a mind to older writing- when people didn’t suffer from social media induced brain damage and still had attention spans, and that I really didn’t need you to edit (retard-ify) my “lengthy” paragraphs because, as I said in the all bold post, I already had publisher houses interested. I recognize that it might be difficult for you, as a female, to actually distinguish when you’re being presumptive, since it is a bit of a fish in water thing (A fish is unconscious of water,as water is all they know, as that saying goes.) for you guys, but you should read what I just said as just- a little bit of friendly assistance in that regard. How’s that for terse?

I looked through your user posts, like I said, and found nothing interesting or that would give me any indication that rapport with you would be valuable, especially after you implied I wrote the way I do just to complicate things, demanded I simplify and shorten my paragraphs- despite having not even read them- a difficult task, especially from a phone I would imagine, etc.

" Children do not have a Federal Legal Right to narcotics, despite your implications otherwise."

Unwrong, I am done. I never made that case and I just posted a small, 4-5 sentence paragraph that addressed what you just said; if you can’'t even understand that, then we’re done. I will wait for other people to respond in the thread, but with you, I do not see many more places for us to go.

Did you find the one from earlier today in which I said I care nothing for the circle jerk that is the world of hobby intellectuals? That should explain my post history.

You speak greek, so you know what phoneutria stands for.

Hobby intellectuals? That’s a cute phrase. The reality is: there are people like me who devote themselves to these things Phoneutria, and over the centuries we have developed a very precise, very powerful, specialized language with which to analyze certain things at a level of fidelity that is simply not achievable otherwise. I shut myself in a room and didn’t leave it for fifteen years, during which I did nothing but work on the “autopoietic reification of my singular ontos and nomogenetic semasiosyntax”- that is, [Ooh I know that irritated you! And yes, though I am doing so deliberately, the phrase does actually mean something.] crafting the inner world that is a philosophy. At any rate, we use big words, we use big sentences, and yes: we violate the High-School 4-5 sentences a paragraph rule quite flagrantly. So no I didn’t miss it- that is why in one of these Iphone-breaking monoliths I said quite clearly that I don’t think this kind of stuff is what you’re into and that maybe, just go do something else?

Yeah, your name. Well Sophos isn’t a spider, she is a serpent, as Alcibiades tells us. Read Pseudo-Cleopatra’s chrysopoeiac tablets.

Parodites, meanwhile my comments re. your interest in my state if mind, vis. Particularly my alleged drunkenness, I am still waiting for your reply, since you signaled an interest.

If you may think my narrative is inconsequential, then descent courtesy would dictate at least a summary answer.

Thank You. Meno_

“That little bit in blue in the middle of the red was not for you, it was for urwrong. I didn’t put it down with the rest of the text that was for him, or mention his name at all, but that should be obvious. UGH I need to keep spoon feeding this to you people. My writing is clear!!”

Android, bitch.

And there, that is better. Was that so fucking hard?

I am not making the assumption that that was the only reason. Only that it played a big role.

You’re terrible at it.
I’ve not read a lot of you, but if your thoughts are as confused as your text, maybe you should spend more time outside. It’s good for mental health.

It is probably different with philosophy where most of it is bullshit to begin with, but in scientific research I could be certain that everything I submitted to the department director would come back annotated until it was cut in half and resumed to its core meaningful sentences, and no longer than 10 pages long.

Hold denial tight, homie. It loves you too.

In other words, you’re failing at something you should have learned at high school.

Yeah, I do.

Let me know when you’re done jerking yourself off. I don’t want to be around for that.

But at least that explains why you’re so terrible at communication.
You don’t isolate yourself for 15 years and not suffer the consequences of it.
Your social skills have atrophied and rendered you socially retarded.
Poor you.
I am not into making fun of the handicapped.
I shall deal with you now with the respect that every special person deserves.

Well you can be sure that at least 2 copies will sell. One that you’ll buy for your mom, and Fixed’s.

vocesabeadiferencaentresaberecopiar?

I didn’t say how much time I spend coding, I said how much I make.
14h today, so no more monitors for me, thank you. I’ll chill with my phone for how.

I posted how much I make so you’ll understand how I measure time.
Most people squander time like it’s dirt, scrolling down a timeline or playing these silly posturing games online.
Flocci non faccio.
I know my worth.
My time is an order of magnitude more important to me than it’s currency value.

Again, this might be specific to your field. In my old lab you’d get rekt.

And you might need reminding, you’re on social media right now.

Says the dude who won’t stop making assumptions about me.

You can go ahead and keep on trying to tell me how big your dick is. See how much of a fuck I give.

I’m not demanding anything.
I can very well just go back to ignoring you.

I think… this is supposed to be an argument?
Can you spoon-feed it to me, please?

Lastly, I’d like to make use of this thread to say that taxation is theft.

Indeed

imgur.com/a/KDpvW7j

Phoneutria, I want you to look at the four or five images in that link. I usually read in the morning so I snapshotted a random section from where I began reading. This is a random excerpt from a random, modern book.The text in the larger font is all one paragraph, and the smaller font is an internal annotation. The format of my writing is not unusual. Dude. My paragraphs aren’t too long. I need you to understand that your suggestion to just write shorter paragraphs is stupid. Perhaps it is unusual for a forum, but there isn’t anything atypical about my texts. I genuinely want you to look at that random selection and just understand that your suggestion really was just groundless and, well, dumb. I’m not going to reformat something I devoted 15 years of my life to and wrote against a pre-existing standard of academic publication so that some silly DMT girl on the internet can more easily read it on her phone, okay? Now you can say that philosophy is bullshit therefor none of this matters, as you have already done, but the reality is: you really just don’t know much about it, it seems. And you’re final defense of: philosophy’s all bullshit anyway- is just an admission of defeat. I am sorry if you can’t handle above High School level writing, but instead of doing your little (Ironically highschoolish-defense) verbal ejaculation about how philosophy’s all bullshit anyway, I would prefer if you just admitted that your initial thesis that this “monolithic” style is somehow arcane or atypical- is not correct. This is how writing is done in the big boy and big girl world, and while the natural sciences or your computer lab might favor brevity in their writeups: you’re not on a natural sciences or computer forum. I never directly insulted you so I am sorry if you’re having a little bit of a melt down right now and feel the need to heap scorn upon my ascetic lifestyle and devotion to Wisdom, but why don’t you just admit you don’t know what you’re talking about? (Though yes, that Solitude affected me. It taught me how to be alone with God. And how to be patient with- humans.) That’s all you need to do Phoneutria. You’re not familiar with the style of the publications I am into; you have not studied any of these subjects I write on, and you should just read this post over and admit you don’t know what you’re talking about. Why is that so difficult for you that you’re spiraling into an insult driven meltdown for no reason?

“And you might need reminding, you’re on social media right now.”

It’s a forum, so I assumed that I wouldn’t be held to the 150 character/word limit or whatever it is.

“That little bit in blue in the middle of the red was not for you, it was for urwrong.”

Phoneutria, if I was speaking to you in that blue selection, why in the next sentence would I say "And to phoneutria::? If I was already addressing you, why would I immediately say that next? Man, come on. Have you ever heard the word implicit?

“Parodites, meanwhile my comments re. your interest in my state if mind”

Meno I am sorry but you typed what appeared to be gibberish in that state so I felt the need to ask; I do not mean to be discourteous but I have these two dinguses I am dealing with at the moment.

Parenthetically, why would my mom want to read about Peircean semiotics and hyperinflation? The readers from the actual academic group or publisher would be quite enough.

While I don’t see your constitution as divinely inspired or axiomatic, perhaps it would be a good idea to follow it to the letter and radically reduce the size of the federal government.
If you want economic or social regulation, you can still do it through the states.
This allows for more ideological diversity, freedom of choice, which I like, you don’t like one state’s laws, move to another state.
It seems like a good idea.